Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Roberto McEwen

We've got this running joke at work about Robs name. Now, Rob has a pretty simple name really. Robert Ewan. I think you'll all agree that it's an easy name to remember.

Not so apparently. Robs regularly been called; Rod, Mark, Rob Ewen, and everyone's favourite, Rob McEwan. It's such an easy name to remember, I mean seriously, it's just two first names put together to make a full name. Actually, the other day I heard the saying 'Never trust a man with two first names'. Needless to say, I've got my eye on Rod from now on.
Anyway, I've been trying to think why so many people screw up his name. It's not hard, it's not long - stop being dirty you! - it's not hard to say, it's not hard to spell. Is it because he's forgettable? I should think not. He did win the Watson Trophy at school. That was the trophy awarded for the 'Personality of the year'. I covet that prize, and not a day goes by that I don't wonder what might have been had I attended Papatoetoe High. That's one to show the Grandkids.

Maybe they think he works at McDonalds?

Back to Rob. So the other day this little pixie came down to work to interview Rob for some magazine. And she was a nice little lady, and she was nice enough to send through the article before print. I'm kinda gutted that she did, cos Old Rob had somehow picked up a Mc in his surname! He gets pretty riled up about it. We all have a good laugh though.
Have a good day, Jay.

No comments: