Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Haven't seen ya in a while, wondering what's been going on...

I don’t really have anything on my mind that I think you’d find especially funny or interesting, so I thought I’d just give you all an update on things here at Mr Vintage. Boring, I know – and there are a few things for me to complain about actually, so if you get thinking, “oh man, these guys at Mr Vintage are such a bunch of pussy whiners”, we’re not usually this bad, it’s just I haven’t blogged in a while and it’s ‘that time of the month’ for me – a while back I decided that just because I’m not a chick it doesn’t mean I can’t use that excuse - so here I am today using it.

So here goes…. Gee whiz, things have been different around here, lots of changes. Not bad different like the All Blacks suddenly being like the Warriors and not being able to catch the ball, but different like the Topp Twins. They’re cool cos they’re weird and they’re yodeling lesbians and all that – and you don’t get that everyday.

The Topp Twins. Lesbos - the good kind.

We’re implementing some new accounting software. While I don’t really know what’s going on there, I know it’s meant we’ve had to re-make and re-load every single product on the website – so if there are a few issues with the website over the coming days, please forgive us, we’re only new to all these systematic practices. If we had it our way, it’d all be on one trusty spreadsheet like back in the old days. But apparently being a full-blown business now we have to make some changes.

New Accounting Software: We're so busy Rob's been working from home too!

All of this is going on while we’re getting ready for our move as well, which is scheduled in for an as yet unconfirmed date. It’s all moving along on that front, I wouldn’t say nicely, but it’s moving along. It turns out we’ve got this grumpy neighbor next door causing a bit of grief and getting up in the builders grill. We might take him to TV show ‘Neighbors from Hell’, probably not though. We’re yet to plan the opening party as well, but we’ll give you more on that in good time.

No comments: