Saturday, May 16, 2009

Ask Andy


Dear Andy,


Is that scene in Spider-man 3 where Peter walks out of the clothing shop after becoming slightly emo and does that weird little dance one of the worst things in cinema history ever? Or, is the whole movie just perfectly cheesy?

Katherine


Thanks for the question Katherine,

I didn't have the pleasure of watching Spiderman 3 on the big screen, I couldn't bare to part with 15 of my hard earned dollars just to watch some emo boy pretending to be spiderman, I could have done that for free any night of the week on Queen street and probably got a lot more for my $15 dollars (no homo)

I did however watch it while I was on vacation in Vanuatu, it just so happened that it was the rainy season and although I love swimming in the rain you can only do so much of that.

Anyway I watched the movie and I have to admit I was a little confused; why did Peter Parker turn into Jared Leto, What was Sam Raimi doing... auditioning to direct the next 30 seconds to Mars video clip?

When Peter Parker went into the department store and came out in his Jared Leto suit and did his best John Travolta impersonation Saturday Night Fever style I didnt know what to do, I contemplated finding one of the burly resort gardeners who carry large Machetes and telling him I had done something aweful to his goat, then I though it would be easier to just gauge my eyes out with a tea spoon. As i got up to choose a tea spoon the scene ended and I slumped back onto the couch, with my senses regained.


I have been a Spider Man fan since my mum was still wiping my bum, but now I cant even think about Spidey with out images of that scene and that Jared Leto guy popping into my head (again no homo).

This is without a doubt one of the worst in scenes movie history Katherine, but the Sad thing is is that the scene where Peter Parker takes Gwen on a date to the Bar where Mary-Jane works and does his best Peter Parker in a Jared Leto suit Chicago/ Flash Dace impersonation is worse, much, much, worse.

Keep it real like a lemon peel.

Andy Shackleton
Head Oompa Loompa Trainer

No comments: